Steele’s Transportation Group is a busy freight transportation business who arranges and completes between 1000 – 1500 shipments each week. These shipments are for a wide variety of business types and our customers are across Canada and the U.S.A.
As a Dispatch operations assistant, you will be an efficient worker and comfortable being a member of a team. It is important to bring a positive attitude and create a fun but effective office culture. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and providing support in our operations, is essential in this position. You will be trained how to plan and dispatch freight to our driver team so that you can provide support when needed to the dispatcher and eventually grow into the dispatch role as a growth path. The ideal candidate for this position is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. You will strive to always provide an excellent customer experience when communicating with our drivers, co-workers and customers alike.
· Proficient in working with web-based software and a Microsoft office windows environment.
· Ability to answer phones and complete data entry while maintaining a friendly and professional conversation with customers to build rapport
· Ability to work productively and efficiently under pressure
· Responding to customer service calls, online customer chat and emails in a timely manner
· Manage workflow ensuring that deadlines are met, and work is completed accurately by being organized
· 2 years experience in a freight transportation related role (courier, trucking or logistics)
· Knowledge of Edmonton and Calgary geography
· 2 years experience in a service-based position where you were successful at taking care of customer needs
· Post secondary degree or completion of diploma program or business administration programs is an asset
· Positive and committed - even on the challenging days
· Willing to put in the effort to learn
· Ability to put the team first
· Team Player willing to do what is needed to help – even if it isn’t in your job description
· Customer retention through building a rapport with customers
· Accurate and timely data entry to book shipments
· Consistent support to operations team including dispatchers, drivers
· Complete assigned tasks in time frame required
· Contributing to the smooth execution of our service
· Able to read through emails and extract data and important details
· Able to convert dimensions between metric and imperial measure
· Strong memory and able to recall completed tasks and conversations
· Ability to learn
· Pleasant and friendly to everyone
· Desire to learn
· Detailed oriented and ability to work in a busy fast paced environment
Success in this role:
You will be successful in this role first by having the right attitude and skills. From there you will be relied upon for accurate data entry with attention to details and posses a willingness to assist customers and dispatchers as required. You will have a calm and positive approach to tasks and the ability to reprioritize based on urgency. The logistics industry is constantly changing and evolving which makes it exciting, but also requires you to be able to handle the pressures associated with time sensitive freight pick up and delivery. You will have a clear and confident knowledge of English and second languages are an asset. You will take a positive approach when delegated a new task and be a good communicator to update your manager or ask questions when you require help. Within the first 3 months, you will have mastered the data entry and customer service part of this role and will be starting to learn how to plan and assign work to drivers / trucks. Eventually you will provide coverage to a dispatcher when required and possibly grow into a full-time dispatcher role.
Working as a customer service representative to support our operations, you will be able to grow into a competent dispatching role which has increased responsibility and compensation.
$45,000.00 - $50,000.00